My friends call me Daby, Dali or Dalibee. I am in love with small, intimate, not so traditional weddings and elopements. I always thought that good photography comes from the heart. From what and who you really are. I find inspiration in everything around me. Even in raindrops on moody days. One of the reasons why I am in the business of wedding photography is - I wanted to show people that these photos can be much more than staged and unnatural photos. I wanted to show them it is a personal, emotional and most intimate thing that deserves to be shown in the same way.
"If there is any kind of magic, it must be in the attempt of understanding someone, sharing something."
I am a photographer who likes to connect. I like when my clients tell me their stories and when we share more than just a business transaction. If you are not the type of person who wants to share a little bit about who you are and what is important to you, then I am probably not the perfect photographer for you. But, if you are looking for someone who will look at you with their heart and create photos for you that are real and yours, you are at the perfect place.
Few random facts about me that might help get the idea:
- I am a minimalist. There's beauty in simplicity.
- I am a dreamer. An old romantic soul.
- I am a wanderer (and yes, I believe not all who wander are lost!)
- My mum is Czech. I grew up there. Czech is my home as much as Croatia.
- I love to read, even though when I was younger I hated to. I guess that is something that I grew fond of with finding the right books along the way.
- I love street photography. My final paper was on street photography.
- I'm a movie freak. I've seen them all. Terrence Malick, Linklater, Gondry, Wes Anderson ... I worship them. They are a neverending inspiration!
- I'm that kid that grew up on rock music. Beatles, Bowie, Peal Jam, Nirvana, Foo Fighters... every aspect of art, including music is my inspiration.
- I'm a cat person, but in 2017. a dog, whom I named Fox (as Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox) decided to adopt me.
- I wear rings on both my thumbs. Recently I found out it means that I want the whole World. I think it's true.
- Sometimes I laugh so hard, that I end up laughing on "mute".
- For finding more about me, let's chat! I want to find more about you too!